Of course, who doesn’t want fabulous abs right? Did you know that one of the best ways to help you reduce risks of cancer, diabetes and heart disease is to focus on your abs? Here are some simple gut-trimming tips that will help you take the inches off.
- Try to avoid beer. Beer drinkers usually have higher waist-to-hip ratios than that of wine drinkers according to a study of those people who imbibe more than six drinks per week.
- Choose coconut oil. During a study, researchers found that obese women who dieted, exercised and took a 30 milliliter supplement of coconut oil everyday carved more inches from their waistlines than did women who just dieted and exercised but took soybean oil.
- Do faster crunches. Increase the speed of your crunches while still maintaining good form helps activate more muscles in your trunk than doing more leisurely reps.
- Eat Eggs. Dieters who had two eggs with breakfast whittled their waists more than those who ate the same number of calories.
- Flatten with shapewear. Some suck-it-in garments can make your belly svelte.
- Get happier. Depression is linked to deep-belly fat. Make time to do what you enjoy.
- Eat whole grains. Obese people who slashed calories and added whole grains like brown rice and oatmeal to their diets lost more belly fat rather than dieters who ate refined grains like white bread.
- Interval train. Doing 20 minutes of heart-pounding cardio intervals three times a week can burn more abdominal fat than spending twice as long doing slow paced cardio.
- Drink milk. Consume at least 1,200 to 1,300 milligrams of calcium every day.
- Kick it up a notch. Exercise and you will shed off those belly fat in no time.
- Lift some weight. Women who pump iron twice a year can lose more body fat fast.
- Eat nuts. Dieters who nibble nuts at least 3 ounces of almonds everyday lost about 7 inches from their waist.
- Opt for an Empire Waist. For most women, the thinnest body part is just below the bust, so try to emphasize it.
- Quit smoking. Remember that smokers sport more deep-abdominal fat than non smokers.
- Choose brown over white rice.
Most importantly, make little yet smart changes in your lifestyle. Some of the most amazing results often come by these consistent small and smart changes.